The Role of SABDA
Discovering that someone you love and care for is suffering from a severe and enduring mental illness can be devastating.
SABDA was established in 1991 as a support group for Carers of and/or persons with schizophrenia, bipolar and related disorders. Our committee and members understand only too well how inadequate, afraid and lonely one can feel.
Our support group meetings are there for you to listen, learn and share; and help is available by calling our helpline numbers. SABDA meetings are held at Tara Hospital, Saxon Road, Sandton, in the greater Johannesburg area of Gauteng Province, South Africa.
The SABDA office is at 72 Mackay Ave, Blairegowrie. Tel: 011 326 0661, Fax: 086 509 6706. Office Hours: weekday mornings only 09.00 – 13.00 daily, Office Email: <email@example.com> Otherwise contact: Ronnie on 011 325 7167.
What you can expect from SABDA
- Practical and helpful advice.
- Calm, caring and compassionate support.
- Advice on management of mental illness.
- Information on mental health resources and facilities.
- Advice on crisis management.
- Reciprocal liaison with other support groups and other mental health organisations throughout Southern Africa and abroad.
- Education and information sharing for the general public to destigmatise mental illness and elicit their support.